Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Library

It might not look like much but I love this little library. I'm in there once or twice a week to pick up books. I can get brand new books sooner through my library than the library coop.

Then there's our head librarian, a very nice woman. Whenever I go in there we end up talking for 10 minutes. I actually went to school with her daughters.

Earlier in the year, probably because I am in there so much, she asked me if I would like to run for the Library Board. I would get paid a small sum every month and would help write policy for the library. Now since I'm in there so much I would be great at this job.

On Tuesday I got to write myself in. Yesterday when I checked the election results they only had the people that were on the ballot, not the write-ins. I figured I did not make it anyway because I did not tell anyone really that I was running. This morning I got the email I did get on the board. I'm very honored actually to be able to give back to a place that has given me so much in the past year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is the perfect job for you.