Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You might think I'm crazy



But I love "It's a Small World" at Disney.

The song does not make me cringe and I consider it a must ride when I'm at any Disney park.

I think the message is one that we need to think about all the time.

There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

Then there's the ride itself. The dolls are absolutely beautiful. Mary Blair did a great job.

To me, the magic of Disney now is about how the rides were made, what's the story being told, what's the history behind the ride. It's A Small World was created for the 1964 World's Fair and then was transfered to Disneyland after. This ride was created and built in about 8 months which is amazing considering it takes years to create a new ride at Disney. And again the message of the song, as annoying as it can be, it's still wonderful.

No comments: