Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Good Day at Work

It's no surprise to the people that know me that I don't love my job. Most days it's fine, it's a good paycheck and it's not hard. Other days I hate it and can't wait to get out of here, mostly because someone ticks me off.

When I first started with contracting at work I had no idea what I was doing, even now I'm not an expert. But I did let the contrators dictate how thing were going for awhile. Eventually they made me mad, they try to do things they shouldn't.

So I've determined that a good at at work is when I can get one of my contractors annoyed with me. They give me so many headaches that if I can cause them one every now and then I'm doing good.

Yesterday I asked one for what an acronym meant and he spent a full paragraph explaining it to me in a condesending tone. Now I can be the nicest person but if you do something to me I won't take it. I already think this contractor is full of BS so I have no problems asking for more information and telling htem I don't agree with what they're doing. So yesterday I sent them back an email saying they need to rework some stuff becuase I don't like what they gave me.

Go Me!!

Now today it looks like another contractor is going to get a letter because they are on an average a month late with their reporting. I shouldn't have to ask for what they're suppose to provide me every month. If it happens it will be a great way to end my week.

So here's hoping you have a good day at work and annoy someone. :)

No comments: