Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew."
Saint Francis de Sales


My word for this year is PATIENCE.

The above quote is perfect for me. I have patience when standing in line and dealing with other people, but I don't have patience with myself. I want things now. Why wait a couple days when I can have it now. The thing though is in a couple days I probably won't want it anymore.

To go along with that I have my 2008 intentions, although I want to find another word for intentions/resolutoins that works better for me but until I do it's just intentions.

1) One a Month...This concept was taken from the book "Give It Up" where the author gave up one thing a month that was difficult but doable. For example as much as I might like to I can't give up work for a month. So my list of things are no scrapbook shopping, no Starbucks, picture a day, blog a day, no clothes, bring my lunch to work everyday, no biuying books or magazines. I figure I don't have to have 12 things right now because things might pop up during the year. January is not buying any scrapbook supplies. This was carefully considered because all the new stuff will start coming out next month so it will be easier to do it this month. Sure it might seem like cheating a little but I think it will be a big sense of accomplishment when I look at my spending for January and see a big fat zero under scrapbook.

2) Get back into the pile of jeans I have...I want to lose weight but I want to be practical about it. I have a stack of jeans I can't wear right now and sometime this year I want to get back into them, more specifically the GAP jeans I bought a couple years ago after I lost a bunch of weight. Now it is tempting to get laringitis again so I can not eat for a couple weeks but then I remember how miserable I felt so that's not an option. I guess I'll have to do it the hard way with exercise and eating healthier. This is where patience will really come in.

3) Spend Less...my goal is by the end of the year to be living on half my salary. I figure when I start teaching I will be taking a pay cut so why not start living below my means now.

4) A picture a week....I can't commit to 365 daily picturees, it's just not practical but I can commit to at least one picture a week. One picture that represents how my week went.

That's all. 4 things is enough.

No comments: