Friday, December 21, 2007

Rachael Ray Day

The Rachael Ray extravaganza started about 7:10 yesterday morning when I left work for the book store. I got there around 7:30 and it was crazy! I didn't expect that many people there that early. As I was getting in line they said the store was only handing out 300 wristbands but I was safe. They we definatly out of wristbands by 9am yesterday, it was that crazy.

So later my dad and I arrived at the store about 4 and got in line. It was color coded so I got in the green line. At one point when I was in the bathroom the women in front of me was saying how she drove so far to find out all the wristbands were gone and her husband is a huge fan. Well one person could get 3 books signed and since I was only getting one I offered to get the book signed for her husband. I had a new best friend after that. :)

The signing was supposed to start at 5:30 but they make an announcement saying that Rachael wasn't there yet but should be there by 5:45. Well 5:45 came and went with no news. The only things I heard were picked up by listening to the store employees. What I got was her plane was late and they lost her luggage so she was trying to get from Metro to Birmingham in rush hour, not pretty. Then there were rumors she could only stay until 7:30 because she had another plane to catch.

Rachael showed up around 6:20, finally, and the kid in line in front of me said she came running up with her hands over her head telling people to please move because she was late and had books to sign. He said she was signing before she even sat down.

It took about an hour for me to get up to actually see Rachael. She was definatly signing like crazy. Luckily for me my dad is like the paparazzi at times and was getting pictures for me. :)

I got up there, she signed my books real fast, it says 'Amanda, Yumo, Rachael Ray' except you can't really tell it says Rachael Ray. I handed her the gift I brought her and we left. They were making people move right away so I couldn't even stop and soak in the moment.


The one thing I do have to say though is I have the world's best father. I'm very lucky that I have someone to go to things like this with me and put up with everything that goes with it. I dont' even know how many times I said thank you yesterday but it defnialty wasn't enough.

No comments: