Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fabulous book!


I read something about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a couple months ago. Then I looked at it at Barnes and Noble and thought, I'll get it from the library.

I picked it up last week, as there are lots of holds on it, and I couldn't put it down. I was reading Sunday night and wanted to keep reading but the fact I had to work Monday got in the way.

The book takes place just after World War II mostly on one of the Chanel Islands. (I didn't even really know about those islands) The story is told through letters by some of the most charming people. If the people were real I'd be booking a trip to the island to meet them.

I think the book is just a feel good book. It's an easy read and I dare you to finish it without a smile on your face. I know I did as well as laugh many times while reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, I have another book to add to my list. Hmmmm...wonder if Sam's Club or Costco has it? Books are so much cheaper there.