Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I really do love politics

I was just reading a book and it mentioned how Plato believed that a democracy had to have educated people in it. So I had to find a quote.

Mankind will never see an end of trouble until... lovers of wisdom come to hold political power, or the holders of power... become lovers of wisdom. ~Plato, The Republic

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato


It makes me think of an ad I saw over the weekend. It's for a person running for office and it said he was running for Congress. My first thought was, "house or senate?" I was meet with the response "congress." Well congress is made of the House of Representatives and the Senate. My dad said that most people probably don't know that. My response was, "There there's something wrong with our educational system."

No comments: