Tuesday, June 3, 2008

34.3 seconds

Last night was a tough night.

The Red Wings were one win away from the Stanley Cup. (if you don't know what that is I'm not sure if I can be friends with you. :-P)

I knew it was going to be a late night since the game didn't start until after 8 and games go about 3 hours.

The wings quickly went down 2-0 in the first period but fought back. I was trying to go to sleep when they tied the game, then a couple minutes later the Wings were winning 3-2. They had about 10 minutes to get through in order to win. For the cup to come home.

What happened? With 34.3 seconds left to go in the game, when the crowd noise was so loud you probably couldn't hear anything, the Penguins scored, tying the game.

That meant overtime. It also meant I'd be staying up even later.

In hockey it's sudden death. They play 20 minute periods until someone scores. The Wing's played just over 2 more periods before they LOST!

Yes, they were 34.3 seconds away from winning the cup, but they lost and now have to go to Pittsburgh to try to win.

I'm not staying up for that game.

No comments: